I am a board-certified New York City psychiatrist. I customize treatment based on individual needs and preferences. I prioritize safety, confidentiality, honesty, and mutual understanding.
I went to medical school at Case Western Reserve University, studied cultural psychiatry and medical anthropology at Harvard University, and trained at Yale University. Along with my private practice, I conduct research at Columbia University. I have been fortunate to receive several distinctions throughout my career. I have been awarded prestigious fellowships and grants for my research from:
- the National Institute of Mental Health
- the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration of the Department of Health and Human Services,
- the American Psychiatric Association,
- the New York State Office of Mental Health,
- the Group for the Advancement of Psychiatry
- Harvard University
- Yale University
I am also an advisor to the DSM-5 Cultural Issues Subgroup. I offer consultation for patients, mental health professionals, and businesses specializing in mental health care.
I am a board-certified, New York City psychiatrist and New York City therapist treating depression, anxiety, insomnia, & patients with concerns around their work, relationships, and identity. Contact me today for a personal consultation.